Become an Oracle DBA (Database Administrator)
What is a Database Administrator (DBA)? Database Administrators (DBAs) are responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of computerized …
What is a Database Administrator (DBA)?
Database Administrators (DBAs) are responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of computerized databases in today’s organizations. The role also includes architecting, building and scaling databases for future data growth and capacity. They are also responsible for security, performance and availability of data to users and customers.
A Dababase Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the following:
- Design, Implementation, Support and Maintenance of database(s)
- Database Architecture and Build Scalable database(s) to support future growth
- Database Security, Performance, and a smooth Data Flow
Oracle Database Management System (DBMS)
All database operations in an organization happen with the help of a Database Management System (DBMS). The leading DBMBS in the world today are Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft, and MySQL. Oracle holds the highest revenue share of 48% among competitors.
What does this course offer me?
- Explore the Oracle Database Architecture
- Prepare and Create an Oracle Database
- Configure the Oracle Network Environment
- Manage Database Storage Structures
- Implement Oracle Database Security
- Database and Performance Management
- Backup and Recovery Concepts
- Perform Database Backups and Recovery
- Data Migration
- Using RMAN to create Backups, and perform Recovery
- Basic knowledge and understanding of PL/SQL
- You are self-driven and motivated to learn.
- Participation in this course requires consistently spend least 10 hours per week to your exercises.
- You can communicate in written and spoken English.
- You have access to a computer with a broadband connection, on which you’ll install a professional code/text editor.
Who is the target audience?
- Fresh Graduates.
- Database Developers looking for additional skills into Database Administration
- Anyone from the IT or non-IT field who is looking for a career in DBA field.
Future Job Profiles
- Database Administrator
- Database Architect
No Reviews found for this course.