Clinical SAS Training
SAS (Statistical Analysis System) is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for advanced analytics, multivariate analyses, business intelligence, data …
SAS (Statistical Analysis System) is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for advanced analytics, multivariate analyses, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics.
- SAS is a software suite that can mine, alter, manage and retrieve data from a variety of sources and perform statistical analysis on it.
- SAS provides a graphical point-and-click user interface for non-technical users and more advanced options through the SAS programming language.
- SAS programs have a DATA step, which retrieves and manipulates data, usually creating a SAS data set, and a PROC step, which analyzes the data.
What is Clinical SAS?
- SAS is widely used in clinical trial data analysis in pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical research companies.
- SAS programmers play an important role in clinical trial data analysis. In addition to doctors and clinicians who collect clinical trial data, the group conducting data analysis includes statisticians, clinical data managers
(COMs) and SAS programmers.
- Statisticians provide the ideas and methods of the data analysis, clinical data managers manage the collected data and control the data quality. In between, SAS programmers implement the analysis methods on the collected data and provide the study summary tables, data listing and graphs to the statisticians and/or clinicians to write study report.
- SAS programmers work closely with statisticians and data managers. They provide the link between raw data and the analysis.
What does this course offer me?
- Introduction to SAS
- Working with the SAS Windows Environment
- SAS Data Libraries
- Creating SAS Programs
- SAS Variables
- Creating HTML Output
- Understanding Data Step Processing
- Methods for getting data into SAS
- Character informats, Numeric informats, Date and Time informats
- Character formats, Numeric formats, Date and Time formats
- Column Pointers and Line Pointers
- Reading Input Data – Input Styles
- Reading Raw Data from External File
- Writing Data to External Files
- Temporary and Permanent Attributes
- Global and Local Options/Statements
- Arithmetic, String, Date and Time Functions
- Conditional Control Statements
- Arrays Statement
- SAS Procedures
- Combining SAS Datasets
- Output Delivery System (ODS)
- Debugging of Errors
- Introduction to Graphs
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Macro Language Elements
- Creating Modular Code with Macros, Adding Parameters to Macros, and Writing Macros with Conditional Logic
- Introduction to PROC SQL
- Retrieving Data from Single Table and Multiple Tables
- Define SAS/Access Software
- Understanding how to use the ODBC with SAS software
- You have knowledge of Statistics and Microsoft Excel
- You are self-driven and motivated to learn.
- Participation in this course requires consistently spend least 10 hours per week to your exercises
- You can communicate in written and spoken English.
- You have access to a computer with a broadband connection, on which you’ll install a professional code/text editor
Who is the target audience?
- Students who want to learn Analytics from beginners perspective or Non-IT Professionals who are looking for a career change;
- IT Professionals who want to advance their career towards next big thing, Analytics;
- Entrepreneurs / StartUps who want to leverage their business’s data using Analytics.
Future Job Profiles upon successful completion of this course
- Clinical SAS Programmer
- Clinical SAS Analyst
- SAS Developer
No Reviews found for this course.